- Understanding the requirements of donor advised funds, charitable organization can mitigate tax and regulation risks.
- A welcome relief for small not-for-profits, Form 1023-EZ will make it easy for a large majority of charity organizations to apply for tax-exempt status.
- Many tax-exempt organizations and employee benefit plans, such as pensions, IRAs and retirement plans, are attracted to hedge or private equity funds (Funds) as a method of realizing above-average returns on investments. Since related function or passive income is exempt from federal income tax, and many hedge or private equity investments are passive to the tax-exempt, most income generated from these entities can be generated free of federal and state income tax.
- Since the healthcare law was passed, the number of changes to its implementation and rules has created confusion for not only employers, but also employees. Our recent webinar discusses the latest modifications and what they mean to you. Specifically, they address the employer mandate (pay-or-play rules), the impact of temporary employees on large employers, and disclosures and reporting requirements.
- Baker Tilly’s 2014 midyear tax letter’s update on the Affordable Care Act discusses the many changes made by the Obama administration and the IRS to the ACA implementation and rules.
- Previous Next