- Law and policymakers are debating changes to the U.S. tax code, which could usher in a border-adjusted tax (BAT). In a changing environment the first manufacturers to adapt will be the winners.
- Baker Tilly’s annual midyear tax update discusses the status of tax reform and the ACA, trends and changes in state and local taxes as well as recent federal developments.
- The 2017 midyear tax update highlights details of the 2017 luxury auto depreciation and expensing deduction as well as a number of federal programs benefiting small businesses, including expansion of the R&D credit.
- The recent legislative session yielded many new tax developments in a number of states, including a credit extension in Illinois, new tax incentives in Maryland, a reduction in personal income tax in New York and a tax amnesty program in Virginia.
- States are waging war on keeping their share of sales and use taxes in the face of ever-increasing online sales and out-of-state sellers.