- Ensuring the security of government deposits and investments is a fiduciary responsibility of the governing body and management. These common mechanisms help governments fulfill their duty to safeguard public funds.
- Ensuring there are adequate controls over both traditional and electronic processes and periodically reviewing those controls can help mitigate your government’s susceptibility to fraud. Baker Tilly’s audit team encourages you to consider implementing these five low-cost controls.
- Each government is unique in its public needs, structure, and plans, and your fund balance levels should reflect those factors.
- For recipients of federal awards that currently have a negotiated indirect cost rate, there is now a requirement that all federal awarding agencies accept this negotiated rate unless otherwise required by federal statute or regulation or when approved based on documented justification.
- Our society depends on critical civic and social services provided by state and local governments. These services require effective cybersecurity to support the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of this data.
- Previous Next