- NY DFS cybersecurity regulations were signed into law on Feb. 16, 2017. These new sweeping regulations will pose challenges for financial services organizations that do business in New York.
- Discussion and presentations at the Mortgage Bankers Association’s (MBA) National Mortgage Servicing Conference & Expo 2017 were heavily centered on regulation: existing, in process, and future. Part of that discussion was whether the regulators and rules would disappear with the Trump Administration's deregulation push.
- Baker Tilly's Mike Cullen warns about potential cyber threats related to smart devices and offers remedies to counteract the vulnerabilities created through the Internet of Things (IoT).
- The NAIC Cybersecurity (EX) Task Force recently discussed use and contracting of third parties, including breach notification and state regulatory oversight.
- This proposed rule states that written BCPs will be required for all RIAs, as well as details of how advisors would transition client accounts if an advisor were to suspend operations.
- Previous Next