- FASB has released a new accounting standard that provides much-needed guidance on management’s responsibility in evaluating and disclosing adverse conditions or events that raise substantial doubt about a company’s ability to continue as a “going concern.” The guidance, published in ASU 2014-15, Presentation of Financial Statements — Going Concern (Subtopic 205-40): Disclosure of Uncertainties about an Entity’s Ability to Continue as a Going Concern, applies to all companies that prepare their financial statements in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This article details the new guidance.
- Baker Tilly's financial services industry specialists review internal controls best practices in the Internal Controls 2014 webinar.
- During this webinar you will hear about both public and private companies that have been affected and receive both a process and legal point of view.
- Effective project controls are an organization’s best construction risk mitigation strategy. Through a series of case studies, we illustrate effective and ineffective project control scenarios and how to verify that the project controls environment is performing as expected.
- A SOC 2 report is an independent examination of a service organization’s controls over its system’s security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy.
- Previous Next