- Understanding insurance industry trends, NAIC developments, Financial Condition Examiners Handbook updates, and preparing for reviews of Own Risk Solvency Assessment (ORSA) are some of the key items for State regulators and insurer regulatory examination liaisons.
- As one of his first acts in the new year on January 9, 2015, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie signed into law Senate Bill 562 to ensure that any personal information compiled or maintained by a health insurance carrier is adequately encrypted.
- The fourth quarter of 2014 saw considerable activity by both international and US regulators regarding the development of insurance company capital standards.
- Because fraud inherently involves efforts of concealment, many cases will never be detected. Therefore, organizations are encouraged to implement certain anti-fraud internal controls, in order to lessen the opportunities to commit fraud.
- 2015 marks the first year that an ORSA Summary Report must be filed with an insurer’s state of regulatory domicile. Some state regulators have already notified companies of the report due date, while other states have not. Regardless, all insurance companies that exceed the $500 million written premium threshold should be preparing the first drafts of their reports.
- Previous Next