- The demands on internal audit of insurance organizations have increased significantly in recent years as technology has advanced, regulation has become more rigorous, risks have emerged and companies have sought more business insights from internal audit teams.
- Practical tips were developed by HHS OIG, the Association of Healthcare Internal Auditors, the American Health Lawyers Association, and the Health Care Compliance Association to help hospital governing boards with their compliance plan oversight obligations.
- Baker Tilly's insurance industry specialists discuss if captive insurance companies could be a solution for your organization.
- High-profile breaches and their monetary impact have caused boards and audit committees to take notice. The importance of cybersecurity should be communicated to management and staff from the board. They must ensure that management is allocating the necessary resources to implement an effective, enterprise-wide cybersecurity risk-management program.
- Cost shifting is the unauthorized transfer of costs from non-reimbursable cost centers to reimbursable cost centers. Reallocated costs are the authorized repurposing of budget dollars resulting from advantageous purchasing practices or efficient delivery of construction services.
- Previous Next