- Market research helps boards to make strategic organizational decisions within their senior living communities. Market research specialist, Beverly Asper, discusses examples and explains why more and more boards are turning to market research.
- The US Department of Labor (DOL) issued a report on its inspection of 2011 employee benefit plan audits, Assessing the Quality of Employee Benefit Plan Audits. The report is quite troubling as the DOL found a deficiency rate that is too high for such an important element of the system to protect participants in employee benefit plans.
- In a recent Baker Tilly and ACUA webinar, titled “Adventures in Small Shop Auditing,” Baker Tilly advisors discussed auditing tools, techniques, and case studies tailored to small audit shops that covered topics including enterprise risk management (ERM), information technology (IT), and sponsored research.
- Recent activity by regulators shows an increased focus on cybersecurity in the insurance industry. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has published its Principles for Effective Cybersecurity Insurance Regulatory Guidance. In addition, the New York Department of Financial Services (NY DFS) recently released guidance for New York insurance organizations with their Report on Cybersecurity in the Insurance Sector.
- Within the last several months, two significant insurance organizations have announced greater involvement in initiatives to reduce cybersecurity risk throughout the insurance industry. The New York State Department of Financial Services (NY DFS) released the results of its survey on cybersecurity practices and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) recently adopted a set of cybersecurity regulatory principles.
- Previous Next