- Due to increased loan volume and historically low interest rates available to borrowers, HUD has expanded its Interest Rate Reduction program, permitting borrowers of performing properties to reduce interest rates on FHA insured loans through a greatly abbreviated application process rather than requiring them to go through a complete, traditional refinancing. Now is the time for affordable housing borrowers to explore their refinancing options.
- Cost shifting is the unauthorized transfer of costs from non-reimbursable cost centers to reimbursable cost centers. Reallocated costs are the authorized repurposing of budget dollars resulting from advantageous purchasing practices or efficient delivery of construction services.
- With Baker Tilly’s assistance, Central Park Towers was able to assemble layered financing from many public and private sources for a complex construction and rehabilitation project. It is one of the largest and most complex RAD transactions closed to date, and ensures quality affordable housing for Elgin’s senior residents for years to come.
- On April 1, 2015, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) voted to propose a one-year deferral of the effective date of the new revenue recognition standard, Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606), for both public and private entities.
- How housing is financed has changed significantly in the seven years since the mortgage crisis, from tighter regulation and increased oversight to shifts in housing needs and our country’s cultural dynamics. What role do banks, local not-for-profits, and individuals play in the ever evolving mortgage and housing markets?
- Previous Next