- Under the Affordable Care Act, beginning in 2015, businesses may incur additional taxes or penalties for noncompliance in filing the information returns.
- From Jan. 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015, small employers (non-ALEs) who have reimbursed employees for self-purchased health coverage can continue to reimburse these amounts on a pre-tax basis.
- The repair and maintenance regulation update in Baker Tilly’s 2015 midyear tax letter provides clarification on the deduction and capitalization of expenditures related to tangible property for landlords.
- The BEA has extended the deadline to file a BE-10, Benchmark Survey of US Direct Investment Report Abroad to June 30, 2015 for US businesses with fewer than fifty foreign affiliates and for new filers.
- The US Department of Labor (DOL) issued a report on its inspection of 2011 employee benefit plan audits, Assessing the Quality of Employee Benefit Plan Audits. The report is quite troubling as the DOL found a deficiency rate that is too high for such an important element of the system to protect participants in employee benefit plans.
- Previous Next