- The rules for owning and managing a REIT can be complicated, but they are not onerous. Many property owners and real estate investors find the advantages of a REIT far outweigh the regulatory requirements.
- This article focuses on the many factors that need to be considered when tax planning for a real estate transaction.
- If a project's production period for the property ceases for at least 120 consecutive days, a taxpayer may suspend the capitalization of interest for that project. Baker Tilly helped a client expense the associated interest costs until production activities resume.
- Learn the many insurance options to help mitigate construction project risk. What is the right insurance product for a construction project? When should it be used? And more!
- Baker Tilly discusses key elements of a successful joint venture partnership and the importance of finding a partner with whom you can build a solid plan addressing both parties goals. Learn about the symbiotic nature of joint ventures and why due diligence is the most important best practice.
- Previous Next