- Under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA) and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) will require lenders to provide new disclosures and meet new regulations on August 1, 2015.
- Baker Tilly's insurance industry specialists discuss if captive insurance companies could be a solution for your organization.
- The National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT) held their annual REITWise conference in Phoenix, Ariz. The latest accounting, tax, and economic issues impacting real estate investment trusts (REITs) were addressed over the course of the conference. Highlights from some of the committee meetings and sessions are summarized.
- Due to increased loan volume and historically low interest rates available to borrowers, HUD has expanded its Interest Rate Reduction program, permitting borrowers of performing properties to reduce interest rates on FHA insured loans through a greatly abbreviated application process rather than requiring them to go through a complete, traditional refinancing. Now is the time for affordable housing borrowers to explore their refinancing options.
- Cost shifting is the unauthorized transfer of costs from non-reimbursable cost centers to reimbursable cost centers. Reallocated costs are the authorized repurposing of budget dollars resulting from advantageous purchasing practices or efficient delivery of construction services.
- Previous Next