- Crowdfunding continues to be a hot topic in the real estate industry, but how does it really work and how it is affecting developers today?
- The AICPA recently released an exposure draft of the proposed revisions to the Trust Services Principles and Criteria. The most significant change in the proposed revisions is the integration of the privacy principles and criteria into the common criteria.
- Baker Tilly and Winthrop & Weinstine co-hosted a webinar that provided an overview of real estate investment trust (REIT) fundamentals. The REIT framework allows developers a tax-efficient structure that can drive investor value while providing regular income streams.
- US Supreme Court announces Affordable Care Act decision that taxpayers who purchase health insurance on a federal healthcare marketplace exchange are entitled to subsidized premium credits.
- Since the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) issued its Internal Control — Integrated Framework (2013 Framework) in May 2013, many organizations have implemented the new framework to comply with the initial December 15, 2014 transition deadline. The 2013 Framework requires management to assess whether 17 principles are present and functioning, which is a change from the previous framework. Further, the 2013 Framework includes points of focus, which are important characteristics of the 17 principles and assist management with determining whether controls are properly present and functioning.
- Previous Next