- Learn more about how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will affect law firms and other similar professional service firms.
- With the legal landscape evolving, many clients are asking firms to provide more for less, so when pricing out services, firms are hoping their best guess is accurate enough to generate a profit. Analyzing client/matter profitability provides an opportunity for a firm to modify its existing business model to improve firm profits.
- Baker Tilly’s John Niehoff recently participated as a panelist for Washington Business Journal’s Business of Law event, featuring discussions among key professional influencers about the significant developments and trends shaping the legal industry. Learn more about how the legal industry is reacting mergers and acquisitions, cyber threats and more.
- The House issued the first draft of its tax reform bill, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, with major changes including cutting down the number of tax brackets, eliminating most itemized deductions and phasing out the estate tax.
- The sun is slowly setting on the Elite Enterprise support, requiring many systems to be converted, while other firms are looking for more advanced and robust applications. Baker Tilly shares insights on how replacing these older legacy accounting systems is a prime opportunity to organize business operations and effectively summarize financial data into management reports.
- Previous Next