- Included in this e-Book is valuable insight from the SEC Office of the Chief Accountant, as well as a comprehensive guide produced by Baker Tilly on how to effectively scrutinize internal controls over financial reporting beyond what most organizations are currently doing.
- Law and policymakers are debating changes to the U.S. tax code, which could usher in a border-adjusted tax (BAT). In a changing environment the first manufacturers to adapt will be the winners.
- General Machine Products Co., Inc., a premier worldwide manufacturer of special cable placement tools and equipment, was sold to Klein Tools.
- President Trump released his blueprint for an overhaul to the tax system. The plan calls for major changes to the corporate tax rate and individual tax brackets.
- Baker Tilly assisted management in re-engineering the IT SOX program within the company and completed the design and operating effectiveness testing of the internal control environment for IT SOX compliance.