- Many states allow local governments to use tax increment financing (TIF) as an economic development tool to encourage growth within their communities. There are specifics to Wisconsin that should be understood when considering TIF as a financing tool.
- Unemployment in the Central Pennsylvania region was estimated at 4.9 percent for the first quarter 2016, below the national rate of 5.0 percent.
- The first quarter of 2016 observed mixed financial results for the broader US equity market, as the S&P and DJIA close up 0.8 percent and 1.5 percent, respectively; while the NASDAQ closed down 2.7 percent for the quarter.
- Unemployment in the Pittsburgh region was estimated at 4.6 percent for the third quarter 2015, below the national rate of 5.0 percent.
- The preliminary unemployment rate in the Philadelphia region was estimated at 4.8 percent for February 2016, slightly below the national rate of 5.0 percent.
- Previous Next