- The principles of intrinsic vs. instrumental value. Anything bought or sold has value, but what is value? Value is defined as being either intrinsic or instrumental.
- Saco Foods, LLC is a leading packager and distributor of specialty consumer packaged goods food products was sold to Benford Capital.
- Baker Tilly Capital's Life Science M&A newsletter provides an overview of the U.S. medical devices and products and the U.S. pharmaceutical sectors, including recent performance and M&A trends.
- The domestic automotive market rebounded well in the second half of 2016 after a middling performance to start the year.
- The fourth quarter of 2016 showed positive performance for the broader U.S. equity market, as the S&P, DJIA and NASDAQ closed up 3.3%, 7.9% and 1.3%, respectively, for the quarter.