- The Surface Transportation and Veterans Health Care Choice Improvement Act of 2015 (the Act), signed into law July 31, 2015, modified several tax provisions.
- Baker Tilly and Collins Barrow international tax specialists discuss the tax, legal, and personal financial planning challenges when moving to or from the US and Canada.
- The Canadian and the US governments have long persuaded businesses to set up local operations by offering tax credits and other incentives.
- With the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) now in full swing, both US and foreign taxpayers are being asked about their FATCA status. Foreign financial institutions (FFIs) generally have to comply with the withholding, reporting, and due diligence requirements of FATCA if they receive US source income.
- Baker Tilly and Collins Barrow international tax specialist discuss the tax benefits available under the Canada-US tax treaty.
- Previous Next