- Forensic analysis focused on the possibility of misappropriations of claim payments through internal fraud. Baker Tilly developed testing procedures to identify areas susceptible to fraud and weakness in controls.
- On April 1, 2015, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) voted to propose a one-year deferral of the effective date of the new revenue recognition standard, Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606), for both public and private entities.
- On March 26, Superintendent Benjamin Lawsky of the New York Department of Financial Services (NY DFS) issued a letter spelling out a requirement for insurers to provide information related to their cybersecurity programs by April 27. The letter states that the information requested will be used to perform a risk assessment for future inspection activities. The short response time may indicate the great sense of urgency and importance that the State of New York is placing on this initiative.
- Health plan implements a network strategy and adopts new processes and systems to administer and grow their ACO model.
- On March 11, 2015, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) made some important decisions about the ongoing project, Insurance-Disclosures about Short Duration Contracts.
- Previous Next