- The president’s budget would provide bonus payments to hospitals that participate in “alternative payment models,” which may include accountable care organizations and bundled payment initiates.
- The proposed Cybersecurity Disclosure Act of 2015 has provoked discussion about the role of the Board of Directors in cybersecurity oversight and board member knowledge and awareness of an organization’s cybersecurity management program. Baker Tilly outlines the potential impacts to boards and what’s important to know now.
- The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2016 (H.R. 2029) includes the first significant changes to Internal Revenue Code section 831(b). Two significant amendments affect some small insurance companies, including captives.
- Congress passes tax extenders bill—not only retroactively restoring popular tax breaks, but also making some of them permanent.
- Baker Tilly’s insurance professionals provided an update on recent NAIC statutory and GAAP changes affecting insurance organizations and shared insights into complex accounting standards.
- Previous Next