- Discussions at the Super Regional P/C Insurer conference focused on InsureTech, the ongoing presence of cybersecurity threats to insurers and reinsurance mitigation strategies.
- This helpful template of sample disclosures can help your insurance organization determine your disclosures under the new accounting standard.
- A variety of educational sessions at the 2017 IASA Annual Conference discussed hot topics important to insurers, including the changing role of the CFO, new risk areas for insurers, emerging technology for insurance companies, and the use of smartphone and mobile technology for underwriting.
- Extensive new disclosures are needed under the changes made to the requirements for short-duration contracts accounting.
- There is much uncertainty on whether tax reform legislation will be passed in the near future. If passed, however, there are key considerations for insurance companies with respect to deferred tax assets and the impact on surplus.