- In a recent Baker Tilly and ACUA webinar, panelists discussed cybersecurity related laws, regulations and requirements applicable to higher education institutions, as well shared methodologies for determining where high-risk data lies within your institution.
- The SEC’s commissioners may have to have a direct role in updating the 2011 cybersecurity disclosure guidance in order to make its importance clear to financial market participants. Agency officials are satisfied that the interpretive guidance is sound, but they believe that as the steady pace of cyberattacks continue, they need to remind public companies of their responsibility to keep investors informed when data is breached or severe hacks are attempted.
- The Senate’s version of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) was passed on Dec. 2 and makes fairly consistent changes to the tax treatment of U.S. manufacturing companies with operations abroad.
- The Senate passed its version of a tax reform bill with a vote along party lines, so what’s in it and what happens next?
- The PCAOB plans to host two webinars to help accounting firms implement the recently adopted changes to the auditor’s report. The webinars are part of a broader campaign by the PCAOB to educate public accounting firms about the expansion of the audit reporting model.
- Previous Next