- Is your financial services organization prepared for the final NY DFS cybersecurity regulations? This guide helps you understand what has changed and when you need to comply.
- NY DFS cybersecurity regulations were signed into law on Feb. 16, 2017. These new sweeping regulations will pose challenges for financial services organizations that do business in New York.
- Discussion and presentations at the Mortgage Bankers Association’s (MBA) National Mortgage Servicing Conference & Expo 2017 were heavily centered on regulation: existing, in process, and future. Part of that discussion was whether the regulators and rules would disappear with the Trump Administration's deregulation push.
- The FASB’s September 2016 proposal to simplify some areas of hedge accounting called for an easing of the documentation requirements for justifying hedge accounting, but private companies told the board that they needed more of a break than was offered in the proposal. The accounting board agreed to scale back some requirements, but plans to write a final amendment to U.S. GAAP that requires them to provide some documentation to support their hedge accounting decisions.
- Baker Tilly's Mike Cullen warns about potential cyber threats related to smart devices and offers remedies to counteract the vulnerabilities created through the Internet of Things (IoT).