- The IRS issues new guidelines, making it easier for businesses to claim R&D credits.
- A recent current ruling concurred with the IRS that all of a general partner’s share of income is subject to self-employment taxes.
- Energy availability is a vital factor in any site selection process. Making an energy decision is more than just cost per kilowatt-hour — a well-designed utility plan should also take into account grid capacity, rate structure, service/distribution, and related utilities, such as wastewater treatment.
- Food and beverage merger activity declined slightly in the first quarter of 2014, but the trend of large transactions continued as Japanese beverage company Suntory Holdings Ltd. acquired Beam Inc. for a transaction value of $15.8 billion and grocery store chain Albertsons acquired Safeway for a transaction value of approximately $9.4 billion.
- The food industry is big business. Mergers and acquisitions are holding steady as food processors complete the most deals in the industry up 27 percent from 2012. Baker Tilly weighs in on the food industry consolidation in “Market Report: Food Processing Companies Grow at a Steady Pace” with Area Development Site and Facility Planning.
- Previous Next