- TEFRA audit procedures were repealed last year, but were replaced with a more streamlined approach that created uniform rules for auditing partnerships and partners.
- Boyle put the onus on taxpayers to make sure their tax preparers mailed in their returns by the deadline, but with the ubiquity and ease of e-filing, are taxpayers still responsible for making sure their tax preparer hits the send button?
- If the IRS issues an action against you, the Office of Appeals might be the right place to resolve that in an efficient – and less costly – manner.
- If your business is more than a hobby, you should consult with experts to make sure it is set up properly to operate as such … and that those experts are actually qualified to tell you that.
- No matter the size, an accounting firm should have a procedures manual in place that ensures not only the safeguarding of the clients' and firm's sensitive information, but also the monitoring of e-filed returns.
- Previous Next