- Three years after implementation, the complex nature of Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP) No. 101, Income Taxes, A Replacement of SSAP No. 10R and SSAP No. 10, continues to bring doubt and uncertainty to insurance companies, especially those without internal tax departments.
- 2014 was a transition year for determining who was subject to the Affordable Care Act employer mandate, but companies still may have some obligations to fulfill before 2014 W-2s are issued. A new year also means employers need to ramp up preparations for ACA-related reporting requirements.
- New guidance from the IRS addresses a retroactive adjustment to employer-provided transit benefits that affects 2014 W-2s.
- In Internal Revenue Bulletin 2014-47, the Internal Revenue Service published Rev. Proc. 2014-59 (loss payment patterns and discount factors) and Rev. Proc. 2014-60 (salvage discount factors) for 2014.
- A round-up of some of the more meaningful developments in unclaimed property in 2014.
- Previous Next