- Recently, additional webcast training opportunities from COFAR and the AICPA became available in archive format.
- Even though the Green Book was written for the Federal Government, Baker Tilly public sector specialists have found the framework to be a useful reference for state and local governments, quasi-government entities, and not-for-profit organizations when designing internal control systems.
- When you don’t properly secure your IT infrastructure, risk is sure to follow.
- The Society of Actuaries recently released new mortality tables for use by plan sponsors when measuring benefit plan costs and obligations. The new tables, RP-2014 (mortality tables) and MP-2014 (longevity improvement scale), will most likely result in higher defined benefit obligations in benefit plans.
- As a whole, local governments have been hit hard by the Great Recession. One of the main strategies that governments have employed to address the financial crisis has been spending cuts.
- Previous Next