- Distributed generation solar energy gains traction as a means to reduce long term energy expenses, hedge against price volatility and reduce carbon footprint for commercial and industrial businesses.
- Local distribution electric and natural gas utilities with peak demand or gas savings targets may find cost relief in alternative regulatory mechanisms, such as revenue decoupling.
- Utilities that use enterprise fund accounting or full accrual accounting should follow and provide feedback at key periods during GASB’s reexamination of the comprehensive financial reporting model.
- A power plant majority owner and operator evaluates cost allocation methodology alternatives to ensure transparency and fairness for the minority owner.
- In November 2016, GASB Statement No. 83, Certain Asset Retirement Obligations was issued requiring retired assets are measured and recognized as legally enforceable liabilities.
- Previous Next