- Utilities have a wealth of data but may benefit from optimizing how it is communicated. Key performance indicators, trends and dashboards best measure performance and drive strategic goals.
- Distributed generation solar energy gains traction as a means to reduce long term energy expenses, hedge against price volatility and reduce carbon footprint for commercial and industrial businesses.
- Local distribution electric and natural gas utilities with peak demand or gas savings targets may find cost relief in alternative regulatory mechanisms, such as revenue decoupling.
- Utilities that use enterprise fund accounting or full accrual accounting should follow and provide feedback at key periods during GASB’s reexamination of the comprehensive financial reporting model.
- A power plant majority owner and operator evaluates cost allocation methodology alternatives to ensure transparency and fairness for the minority owner.
- Previous Next