- The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) endorsed two US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) alternatives for private companies, which related to accounting for goodwill and a simplified hedge accounting approach for certain interest rate swaps.
- Baker Tilly’s dealership services team of tax professionals has compiled a list of dealer-specific tax considerations. Please keep in mind that your goal should be to maximize your long-term wealth and profitability; decisions on tax policy are secondary considerations to this goal.
- Wondering how your auto dealership compares on key metrics such as profitability, new and used vehicle sales, finance and insurance, and others? Baker Tilly's quarterly benchmarking survey provides insight on these and other metrics for 3rd quarter 2013.
- When Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast on Oct. 29, a tide of auto dealerships in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and elsewhere shut their doors temporarily — some for days, some for weeks.
- Despite the tremendous number of dealers, and the push by manufacturers to achieve uniformity among their franchises, no two dealers have exactly the same management style. Yet profitable dealers usually possess some common characteristics.
- Previous Next