- As state governments continue to deal with budget shortfalls, revenue agencies continue stepping up their efforts in raising revenue through sales tax audits. States have increased the size of their audit staff and are employing new technologies in their discovery efforts. Auto dealerships are not immune to selection and should know what to expect and how to prepare for an audit.
- The effectiveness of dealership management contributes to the overall profitability of the store. A key player in the management team is the office manager. In addition to having the responsibility of preparing a monthly financial statement by the tenth of the month, there are several other areas where a well-trained office manager can enhance your bottom line.
- On a quarterly basis, Baker Tilly conducts a benchmarking study of auto dealerships. Respondents to the most recent study were primarily dealerships located in the Upper Midwest. This whitepaper summarizes key data as of and for the two quarters ended June 30, 2014, with comparisons to the same period in 2013 and to the quarter ended March 31, 2014.
- Baker Tilly state and local tax specialists discuss the risks and challenges businesses are facing in today’s tax environment.
- On May 9, 2014, the IRS Office of Chief Counsel issued a memorandum discussing the tax treatment for payments that auto dealerships receive from manufacturers from facility image upgrade programs.
- Previous Next