- The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board’s (PCAOB) data and technology taskforce picked data analytics and artificial intelligence as its initial topics for gauging the effect of technology on audit work. The task force is carrying out its work as companies and auditors are increasingly using data and technology. The PCAOB put the role of technology in audit work on its research agenda at the end of 2016, and it wants to determine if the rising use of technology creates a need to amend its standards.
- There are several exposure drafts outstanding with the Statutory Accounting Principles (E) Working Group (SAPWG) about additional statutory accounting and reporting guidance under tax reform.
- The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) recently added a project to its research agenda after inspections found that some accounting firms were not complying with board rules that require auditors to communicate with audit committees about their compliance with various independence rules. The board staff is exploring whether guidance or changes to the rule are necessary.
- In IMPA-HR HR News magazine, Baker Tilly outlines a process for integrating workforce and succession planning into daily operations to address public sector employee turnover.
- For heavy lease users across the retail, airline, manufacturing/distribution and construction sectors, the new lease accounting standard will have significant implications. Our latest Bisnow article provides details regarding the changing standards.
- Previous Next