- To properly identify and account for performance obligations when other parties are involved in providing goods or services to a customer, a construction contractor must determine whether its performance obligation is to provide the good or service itself or to arrange for another party to do so.
- Contractors will be required to perform an assessment of the customer’s ability and intent to pay the agreed upon consideration.
- Under existing U.S. GAAP, a contractor had the ability but not the requirement to combine contracts. Under ASC 606, contracts will be required to be combined when certain criteria are met.
- Contract modifications or change orders are extremely common in the construction industry. ASC 606 requires additional judgment and documentation when determining how to properly account for a contract modification.
- President Trump released his blueprint for an overhaul to the tax system. The plan calls for major changes to the corporate tax rate and individual tax brackets.
- Previous Next