- Sometimes family business owners need to hire non-family CEOs to lead their companies. While the reasons for this type of change vary, these best practices are helpful for selecting a non-family CEO.
- In the accounting profession, the war for top talent is in full force. Follow these eight tips to get the most out of your recruitment dollars.
- In 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued eighteen Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs). There are several major areas expected to be updated in 2015, including leases, disclosure framework, and accounting for financial instruments. To help you review the most recent updates, links are provided to the detailed FASB information for each of the 2014 ASUs.
- As Department of Labor (DOL) investigations become more frequent and aggressive, especially for construction contractors, it’s more crucial than ever to understand subtle complexities of complying with prevailing wage laws. Understanding how Davis Bacon Act (DBA) and Service Contract Act (SCA) violations occur is the first step in preventing them.
- Year-end planning and compliance for payroll and employment taxes are complex and overwhelming. Controllers, CFOs, CPAs, HR associates, and other financial and operational resources in every organization are faced with managing reporting requirements and timelines and staying current on ever-changing regulations.
- Previous Next