- Landing your dream job can be tough, but there are easy ways to increase your chances of success.
- While a phone interview alone may not land you the job, making light of the situation may cost you the opportunity for a second in-person interview.
- Thanks to technology, applying for jobs is easier today than it was years ago. But for a hiring manager, this often translates into more resumes to review and less time to spend reading each one. As a young professional, you are competing with peers who also have limited experience. By making your resume as interesting, readable, visually appealing, and error-free as possible, you can stand out from the crowd.
- Sending a resume to a hiring manager is a lot like pitching a Hollywood screenplay. You’ve got a few seconds to tell your story and show the decision maker why you deserve a closer look.
- We’ve all received a job offer at some point in our professional careers. You experience the thrill of achievement and the realization that all the issues with your current situation could be alleviated. Regardless of how average or exceptional an offer might be, that inevitable question lurks: should I ask for more?