- When building a volunteer organization, optimizing volunteer resources and capitalizing on employee time are frequently the primary challenges. The common solution is to institute overarching committees of finance, nominating, programming and fundraising. However, due to this committee consolidation, audit and financial reporting responsibilities are added into the finance committee and often, despite the growth of an organization, never leave that committee – even though they should.
- As the holders of sensitive information and the provider of essential human services, state and local governments should be concerned about cybersecurity.
- The final rules for the Basel III international capital accord, which will be phased in between the beginning of this year and 2019, include some relief for community banks. There are also some changes that affect the capital standards and reporting for community banks.
- As one of his first acts in the new year on January 9, 2015, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie signed into law Senate Bill 562 to ensure that any personal information compiled or maintained by a health insurance carrier is adequately encrypted.
- The fourth quarter of 2014 saw considerable activity by both international and US regulators regarding the development of insurance company capital standards.
- Previous Next