- Employee benefit plan specialists provide case study examples as they discuss effective strategies and important considerations.
- Some SEC officials believe the FASB’s best course for clearing up the contentious debate about U.S. GAAP’s definition of materiality is to return to the established guidance from the accounting board and the market regulator. The board’s effort to update its definition has been embroiled in controversy since the board proposed making a change in 2015.
- We are pleased to provide comment to the PCAOB regarding the recently issued proposed auditing standard related to auditing estimates, including fair value measurements, and the related proposed amendments to auditing standards related to the auditor’s use of the work of specialists.
- The FASB issued an update to U.S. GAAP that aims to simplify hedge accounting, one of the most complicated areas of accounting. The update allows hedge accounting to be used for a broader range of risk management strategies.
- Baker Tilly's Philip Santarelli weighs in on recognizing costs under the new revenue recognition standard in this Compliance Week article. (subscription required)
- Previous Next