- For recipients of federal awards that currently have a negotiated indirect cost rate, there is now a requirement that all federal awarding agencies accept this negotiated rate unless otherwise required by federal statute or regulation or when approved based on documented justification.
- When is “technological feasibility” established? What costs can be considered for capitalization? Is the method used to amortize capitalized costs accurate? Learn more about these topics in more.
- As a growing software company, our client was eager to ensure they were positioned for future success. We worked with our client to better understand their existing accounting treatments, policies, software development costs, and historical client records.
- In May 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board issued ASU No. 2014-09 to more closely align the US GAAP methods of recording revenue with the international financial reporting standards. Software and technology companies will be impacted by this new accounting standard.
- On April 1, 2015, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) voted to propose a one-year deferral of the effective date of the new revenue recognition standard, Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606), for both public and private entities.
- Previous Next