- Ensuring there are adequate controls over both traditional and electronic processes and periodically reviewing those controls can help mitigate your government’s susceptibility to fraud. Baker Tilly’s audit team encourages you to consider implementing these five low-cost controls.
- The National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT) held their annual REITWise conference in Phoenix, Ariz. The latest accounting, tax, and economic issues impacting real estate investment trusts (REITs) were addressed over the course of the conference. Highlights from some of the committee meetings and sessions are summarized.
- Each government is unique in its public needs, structure, and plans, and your fund balance levels should reflect those factors.
- For recipients of federal awards that currently have a negotiated indirect cost rate, there is now a requirement that all federal awarding agencies accept this negotiated rate unless otherwise required by federal statute or regulation or when approved based on documented justification.
- When is “technological feasibility” established? What costs can be considered for capitalization? Is the method used to amortize capitalized costs accurate? Learn more about these topics in more.
- Previous Next