- In May 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board issued ASU No. 2014-09 to more closely align the US GAAP methods of recording revenue with the international financial reporting standards. Software and technology companies will be impacted by this new accounting standard.
- On April 1, 2015, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) voted to propose a one-year deferral of the effective date of the new revenue recognition standard, Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606), for both public and private entities.
- How housing is financed has changed significantly in the seven years since the mortgage crisis, from tighter regulation and increased oversight to shifts in housing needs and our country’s cultural dynamics. What role do banks, local not-for-profits, and individuals play in the ever evolving mortgage and housing markets?
- Recent communications by the Federal Reserve Board Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) have set the stage for increases in interest rates in mid to late 2015. As the domestic economy continues to demonstrate fundamental signs of a sustained recovery, including modest price increases and wage gains, few have challenged the merit of increasing interest rates in the near term.
- One of the most discussed areas of change as a result of the Uniform Guidance is to the requirements surrounding tracking and reporting of payroll related costs, or time and effort reporting.
- Previous Next