- A study of family owned businesses conducted by Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP and Baker Tilly International indicates that the majority of US family business owners are not succession-ready.
- Learn about key financial ratios and benchmarks to help board members gauge their government’s financial health.
- Better understand fund balance and other financial policies that help state and local government board members establish goals, strategy, and credibility.
- The AICPA recently released an exposure draft of the proposed revisions to the Trust Services Principles and Criteria. The most significant change in the proposed revisions is the integration of the privacy principles and criteria into the common criteria.
- Since the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) issued its Internal Control — Integrated Framework (2013 Framework) in May 2013, many organizations have implemented the new framework to comply with the initial December 15, 2014 transition deadline. The 2013 Framework requires management to assess whether 17 principles are present and functioning, which is a change from the previous framework. Further, the 2013 Framework includes points of focus, which are important characteristics of the 17 principles and assist management with determining whether controls are properly present and functioning.
- Previous Next