- On July 31, 2015, President Obama signed the Surface Transportation and Veterans Health Care Choice Improvement Act of 2015, often referred to as the highway funding bill. The bill modifies the filing due dates for partnerships, C corporations, certain tax-exempt entities, and Form 5500 filers with the intention to create a more logical flow of information.
- On July 9, 2015, the FASB approved its April 2015 proposal to defer the effective date of ASU No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, for all entities for one year. Entities will, however, be allowed to apply the new standard as of the original effective dates set out in the standard. This article examines the revenue recognition standard and explains why the FASB granted an extension.
- We are pleased to have the opportunity to provide feedback to the AICPA Assurance Services Executive Committee (ASEC) Trust Information Integrity Task Force's Privacy Working Group with respect to its recent Proposed Revision of Trust Services Principles and Criteria for Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, and Privacy.
- On July 9, 2015, the Federal Accounting Standards Board (FASB) voted to defer the effective date of the new revenue recognition requirements ASU 2014-09 Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606) for one year. With this additional time, there are several ways software and technology companies can continue to prepare for the changes.
- Designed for the state or local government board member, this brief podcast provides an overview of key financial statement components and their importance.
- Previous Next