- In this webinar, Baker Tilly reviews recent SOC for Cybersecurity and SSAE18 guidance and shares insights on how to approach both for 2017 and beyond.
- Baker Tilly commented to the Professional Ethics Executive Committee (PEEC) on the proposed responsibility with respect to discovery of non-compliance with laws and regulations (NOCLAR).
- If your organization is in the process of adopting, or still researching, the new revenue recognition accounting standard, then this comprehensive, yet easy-to-read, 60+ page eBook is for you.
- PCAOB officials believe their recent focus on internal controls has brought about a necessary improvement in financial reporting and audit quality, despite it leading to some frustration among financial reporting professionals. Some of the tension may be no more than the result of the natural tension between auditing and financial reporting, said one member of the audit regulatory board.
- PCAOB officials have been pressing accounting firms to step up their efforts to promote diversity among their employees. At least one member of the audit regulatory board believes that the quality of an audit firm’s work is closely tied to the diversity of its workforce.