- From The Tax Advisor: Captive insurance is insurance or reinsurance provided by a company that is formed primarily to cover the assets and risks of its parent company or companies.
- Baker Tilly's financial services industry specialists review internal controls best practices in the Internal Controls 2014 webinar.
- The New York Office of Unclaimed Funds (NYOUF) released a new policy for business-to-business transactions that has a bearing on unclaimed property holders within the state.
- Baker Tilly state and local tax specialists discuss the risks and challenges businesses are facing in today’s tax environment.
- On July 23, 2014 the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) adopted a Final Rule that amends Rule 2a-7 of the Investment Company Act of 1940, which governs money market funds. These long anticipated amendments are designed to provide both structural and operational reform addressing an investor run on funds during a financial crisis, as was seen in 2008. The Final Rule becomes effective sixty days after publication in the Federal Register and provides for a two-year implementation period.
- Previous Next