- Insider threats have long been a concern for banks and other financial institutions and databases. According to a recent news report, Morgan Stanley accused a recently promoted financial analyst of downloading 350,000 records from its wealth management client database and subsequently posting 900 of those records to an internet bulletin board, Pastebin, in exchange for an obscure internet currency.
- Baker Tilly’s financial services specialists examined the increased regulatory scrutiny on evaluation of third party service providers, options available for vendors to provide independent third party assurance reporting, and the tenets of an effective vendor management program including: risk assessment, vendor due diligence, contracting and onboarding, and ongoing monitoring.
- In 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued eighteen Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs). There are several major areas expected to be updated in 2015, including leases, disclosure framework, and accounting for financial instruments. To help you review the most recent updates, links are provided to the detailed FASB information for each of the 2014 ASUs.
- A round-up of some of the more meaningful developments in unclaimed property in 2014.
- Year-end planning and compliance for payroll and employment taxes are complex and overwhelming. Controllers, CFOs, CPAs, HR associates, and other financial and operational resources in every organization are faced with managing reporting requirements and timelines and staying current on ever-changing regulations.
- Previous Next