- Fund managers are typically responsible for the preparation of financial statements of their underlying investment, in accordance with ASC 946, which requires the valuation of investments under ASC 820 – Fair Value Measurements.
- The AICPA Revenue Recognition Task Forces issued ASC 606 guidance related specifically to fund managers that should be considered when implementing the new revenue recognition standard.
- Included in this e-Book is valuable insight from the SEC Office of the Chief Accountant, as well as a comprehensive guide produced by Baker Tilly on how to effectively scrutinize internal controls over financial reporting beyond what most organizations are currently doing.
- Baker Tilly's Vadim Blikshteyn discusses tax reform plans and how it will impact U.S. residents to varying degrees. Blikshteyn spoke with Asset TV at Hedge Connection's Deal Ring event in New York. Registration required. The site requires registration to view content.
- Christine Fenske, managing partner at Baker Tilly, offers insight into what keeps her clients up at night. Fenske says that cybersecurity is an important consideration right now for managers, alongside fee structure and compliance. Registration required to view content on Asset TV.