- The Financial Accounting Standards Board recently issued two Accounting Standard Updates that provide private companies with accounting alternatives for the subsequent measurement of goodwill and the accounting for certain interest rate swaps. What should businesses consider before adopting these provisions?
- US multinational corporations doing business in foreign countries (and foreign based multinational corporations doing business inside the US or foreign countries other than their own) are typically subject to the domestic tax laws of the countries where they engaged in business activities.
- The IRS issued Notice 2013-60, which has updated prior guidance (Notice 2013-29) relative to the "begun construction" requirement for facilities producing electricity qualified energy sources to qualify for the Production Tax Credit (PTC) and Investment Tax Credit (ITC).
- This series will help you see eye to eye with your IT department as you discover the ways in which IT controls can help your organization’s finance activities. Each quarter, a new webcast will be introduced with each presentation for viewing at your convenience.
- Renewable energy programs initiated by the government are creating new and expanded opportunities for industry, service firms, and the public sector.