- On Sept. 29, Baker Tilly proudly sponsored Bisnow's Major Projects which provided insight relating to the largest real estate developments in the D.C. and Baltimore region. Guest speakers represented notable real estate companies, including Urban Atlantic, Meridian Group, Property Group Partners, Cafritz Enterprises, Plank Industries, Sagamore, Qatari Diar and Hines.
- Baker Tilly Senior Manager, Christopher Humes, offers strategic advice to asset planning and protection in his PICPA blog article, Protecting the Assets of the Elderly.
- The adoption of ASC 842, Leases, makes accounting much more complex for traditional operating leases. Not surprisingly, the disclosure requirements are quite extensive.
- Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, seeks to change the value of disclosures by requiring robust disclosure for the users of the financial statements.
- SWIFT, the global provider of secure financial messaging services, is now requiring financial institutions using the interbank messaging network to comply with its new cybersecurity standards.
- Previous Next