- The most recent news headline from Dixon, Illinois, has pushed the issue of fraud in the public sector into the spotlight. To date, the prosecutors allege that the City comptroller stole more than $53 million since the 1990s from public funds through a secret bank account. While this story would seem like an isolated incident, the truth is, fraud is more widespread than you might think. According to a just-released report, “2012 Report to the Nations - Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Inc.," the cost of fraud amounts to $3.5 trillion on a global scale.
- On May 12, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued new standards for public and private companies on fair value measurement and disclosures.
- These insights will help you manage your employee benefit plan audit process and ensure an audit that is efficient, low-stress, and has no surprises.
- The existence of fraud in business is more common than we’d like to think.
- The healthcare team at Baker Tilly currently serves a variety of senior service organizations including home-health and hospice, nursing homes, assisted living, and senior living.
- Previous Next