- After a strong finish in 2012 and a slow start in early 2013, US middle market M&A activity in the food and beverage sector experienced a significant uptick during the second half of the year.
- Alan Whitman, CPA, Office Managing Partner, Baker Tilly, was featured in Crain’s Detroit Business recently when he was part of a panel giving advice to business startups on how to avoid common pitfalls.
- The utility business is a prime area for implementation of scorecard metrics due to the availability of data for many key performance indicators and the ability to drive performance improvements through incremental changes in operations.
- Baker Tilly Energy and Utilities team works with nearly 300 utilities nationwide. While we are not making scientific predictions, our interactions with our clients and the utility industry give us insights into utility trends for 2014.
- The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) mandates information reporting and withholding provisions to ensure that US persons (citizens, residents, and entities created or organized in the US or under the laws of the US) invested in or with non-US entities are identified with the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Foreign financial institutions (FFIs) must register with the IRS and comply with investor due diligence and verification procedures to identify US account holders.
- Previous Next