- The Internal Revenue Service and the Treasury Department recently issued temporary (TD 9650) and proposed (REG-140974-11) regulations providing passive foreign investment company (PFIC) guidance for tax years ending on and after Dec. 31, 2013 and, thus, applicable to 2013 calendar year taxpayers. The areas covered include determination of ownership of a PFIC, annual filing requirements, and exceptions to the filing requirements.
- The quality of your work order asset management (WOAM) system has a great impact over your utility's strategic and operational planning process and enterprise risk management process.
- If your utility is required to follow governmental accounting standards, read this article for answers to some allowable uses of regulatory accounting under GASB 62.
- Utilities that operate in ISO/RTO markets must answer the question of the proper accounting treatment for purchased power transactions where the utility both sells into and buys power from the market.
- The District of Columbia Tax Revision Commission has developed a slate of tax reform measures, which includes two controversial proposals.
- Previous Next