- On December 5, 2012, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) published final regulations and interim guidance regarding the excise tax on the sale of certain medical devices. Originally proposed as part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, this excise tax is equivalent to 2.3% of the sales price of certain devices and is to be paid by manufacturers, producers or importers of the devices.
- As 2013 begins, government contractors of all shapes and sizes await meaningful progress on the years-old Federal Government budget debate.
- The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (the Act), passed January 2, 2013, includes a number of construction and real estate related provisions important to the affordable housing, economic development, and renewable energy industries.
- The American Taxpayer Relief Act (ATRA) of 2012, passed Jan. 2, 2013, includes a number of energy related provisions.
- The New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) program was established to spur investment into operating businesses and real estate projects located in low-income communities.
- Previous Next